UX-App Terms of Service
These Terms of Service (these “Terms”) are entered into by and between UX-App (as defined below) and the person or entity registering to use the Service (such entity or individual, the “Subscriber”) on the UX-App website - www.ux-app.com (the “Site”).
These Terms are effective as of the date that they are accepted by the Subscriber (the “Effective Date”).
ANY SUBSCRIBER INTENDING TO ORDER SERVICES PROVIDED BY UX-APP IS REQUESTED TO READ THESE TERMS OF SERVICE CAREFULLY PRIOR TO PLACING HIS/HER ORDER, AS THESE TERMS SHALL APPLY TO ANY AND ALL ORDERS, CONTRACTS AND AGREEMENTS CONCLUDED BETWEEN THE SUBSCRIBER AND UX-APP ON THE SITE. PLEASE ONLY CLICK ON “AGREE” IF YOU AGREE THAT SUBSCRIBER SHALL BE BOUND BY ALL OF ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS. FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, ANY ORDER MADE ON THE SITE SHALL BE DEEMED AS FULL ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS. IF YOU SHALL NOT AGREE TO ANY PROVISIONS OF THESE TERMS, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM USING THE SITE AND PLACING SUCH ORDER FOR SERVICES. FULL TEXT OF THESE TERMS IS AVAILABLE AT THE SITE AND EACH SUBSCRIBER IS FULLY ENTITLED TO DOWNLOAD, STORE AND RECORD THESE TERMS.
IF THESE TERMS ARE BEING ENTERED INTO BY A SUBSCRIBER THAT IS AN ENTITY, THEN BY CLICKING ON “AGREE”, THE INDIVIDUAL DOING SO HEREBY REPRESENTS AND WARRANTS THAT HE/SHE IS AUTHORIZED BY SUBSCRIBER TO BIND SUBSCRIBER TO THESE TERMS.
THE SERVICE RENDERED BY UX-APP ON THE SITE IS DEVELOPED AND OFFERED SOLELY ON BUSINESS TO BUSINESS BASIS. UX-APP PROVIDES THE SERVICE ONLY FOR BUSINESS OR PROFESSIONAL PARTNERS AND REFRAINS FROM PROVIDING THE SERVICE TO THE CONSUMERS, UNDERSTOOD AS NATURAL PERSONS WHO ORDER THE SERVICE WITHOUT DIRECT RELATION TO THEIR COMMERCIAL OR PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITY. THEREFORE, EVEN IN THE ABSENCE OF PROVISION BY THE SUBSCRIBER OF FULL DATA INDICATING HIS OR HER CORPORATE OR BUSINESS AFFILIATION, WE SHALL DEEM THAT SUCH SUBSCRIBER ORDERS THE SERVICES FOR THE PURPOSES RELATED DIRECTLY TO HIS OR HERS PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITY.
- “Account” means the user accounts, user name and password specifically associated with Subscriber.
- “Beta Test” means Subscriber testing of the beta version of Services and may include, but is not limited to, alterations to the Services, modifications to how the Services are offered or provided, and changes to the software; usually designed to test for bugs, usability issues, or to evaluate user experience.
- “Confidential Information” has the meaning ascribed to it in Section 10.
- “Feedback” has the meaning ascribed to it in Section 5.
- “Free Trial” has the meaning ascribed to it in Section 3.2.
- “Intellectual Property Rights” means all forms of proprietary rights, titles, interests and ownership relating to patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade dresses, trade secrets, know-how, mask works, droit moral (moral rights) and all similar rights of every type that may exist now or in the future in any jurisdiction, including without limitation all applications and registrations therefore and rights to apply for any of the foregoing.
- “Login” has the meaning ascribed to it in Section 3.3.
- “Malicious Software” has the meaning ascribed to it in Section 2.3.
- “Payment” has the meaning ascribed to it in Section 4.1.
- “Planned Downtime” has the meaning ascribed to it in Section 2.2.
- “Prohibited Jurisdiction” has the meaning ascribed to it in Section 13.
- “Registration” has the meaning ascribed to it in Section 3.2.
- “Service” means the user interface design tool hosted and made available as a software-as-a-service called “UX-App”. References to “Service” herein shall be deemed to refer to the specific version of the Service referenced in the Subscription Plan.
- “Subscriber Data” means any and all data, information, content and materials created by Subscriber through use of the Service or uploaded or imported into the Service by or on behalf of Subscriber, including without limitation all design and wireframe content.
- “Subscription Plan” means the UX-App subscription plan Subscriber has elected to subscribe to, as described on UX-App’s website.
- “Subscription Term” has the meaning ascribed to it in Section 6.1.
- “Taxes” has the meaning ascribed to it in Section 4.6.
- “Usage Data” has the meaning ascribed to it in Section 2.10.
- Provision of Service. Subject to these Terms, UX-App shall provide Subscriber the right to access and use the Service during the Subscription Term consistent with the Subscription Plan Subscriber has subscribed to, solely: (i) for Subscriber’s own use for purposes of creating a user experience design or wireframe, saving and downloading the design or wireframe and sharing it with third parties via hyperlinks; (ii) in the manner enabled by UX-App; and (iii) in accordance with all applicable documentation and any usage limitations, rules or guidelines UX-App may provide. UX-App reserves the right to further develop the Service, and thus to modify and update the features and functionality of the Service occasionally in its sole discretion. Except for as expressly set forth herein, Subscriber is solely responsible for purchasing and configuring all hardware, software and services that may be necessary or desirable for Subscriber’s use of the Service (in particular, the technical requirements set forth at Community shall be met by the Subscriber to use the Service). Subscriber agrees to use the Service in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, including without limitation laws relating to non-discrimination in employment, wage and hour laws and all other employment and labor laws.
- Service Availability. UX-App will use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that the Service is available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. However, UX-App makes no representation, warranty or guarantee regarding the continuous availability or performance of the Service. Subscriber acknowledges that the Service may be unavailable for use occasionally without notice to Subscriber. UX-Ap pwill use commercially reasonable efforts to make the Service continuously available to Subscriber, subject to scheduled maintenance, upgrades and emergency repairs or due to failure of telecommunications links and equipment. Reasonable steps will be taken by UX-App to minimize such disruption where it is within UX-App’s reasonable control. UX-App reserves the right to temporarily suspend Subscriber’s access to and use of the Service: (i) during planned downtime for upgrades and maintenance to the Service, of which UX-App will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify Subscriber in advance via e-mail or through the Service (“Planned Downtime”); (ii) UX-App will use commercially reasonable efforts to schedule Planned Downtime for nights, weekends and other off-peak hours.
- Support. Provided that Subscriber timely pays all Payment due hereunder, UX-App shall provide during the Term reasonable technical support to Subscriber regarding the use of the Service during UX-App’s normal business hours via e-mail sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Responses from UX-App may be delayed if the inquiry is submitted on the weekend or during a weekday after business hours.
- Complaints. In the event the Subscriber finds any malfunctions or errors of the Service which constitutes infringement of these Terms of Service attributable to UX-App, he shall file a complaint via e-mail sent to email@example.com. Such complaints shall be dealt with by UX-App during normal business hours via e-mail sent to the Subscriber, no later than within five (5) days from delivery of such complaint. Responses from UX-App may be delayed if the complaint is incomplete, that is, fails to provide the details required to identify such malfunction or infringement.
- Control. Subscriber acknowledges and agrees that UX-App has no obligation to monitor or edit the Subscriber Data, and that as between the parties Subscriber is solely responsible therefor. UX-App reserves the right remove any Subscriber Data which UX-App becomes aware may violate these Terms or infringe, misappropriate or violate any third party Intellectual Property Right or privacy right.
- Subscriber-Owned Data. As between the parties, Subscriber shall own all right, title and interest in and to Subscriber Data. Subscriber hereby grants UX-App a non-exclusive, worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, create derivative works of, display, perform and transmit the Subscriber Data in connection with UX-App’s operation of the Service and as otherwise authorized herein. UX-App may use and disclose Subscriber Data as follows: (i) UX-App may use Subscriber Data for UX-App’s internal business purposes (such as analyzing usage of and developing and improving UX-App’s products and services); (ii) UX-App may disclose Subscriber Data to its third-party service providers that assist it in making the Service available as is reasonably necessary for such assistance, subject to appropriate confidentiality obligations; and (iii) UX-App may disclose Subscriber Data as may be required by law or legal process.
- Usage Data. As between the parties, UX-App shall own all right, title and interest in and to all data collected by UX-App in connection with the operation of the Service and Subscriber’s use thereof (“Usage Data”). Usage Data may include, by way of example and not limitation, when and how often Subscriber uses the Service and which Service features are used the most often. UX-App will not disclose Usage Data or Subscriber Data to any third party in a manner that identifies Subscriber without Subscriber’s consent other than (i) disclosure to the UX-App’s third-party service providers who use it for the benefit of UX-App and the Subscriber and subject to reasonable confidentiality terms; or (ii) as may be required by law or legal process.
- Security. Subscriber acknowledges that: (i) the Service uses the Internet for data transfer and Internet-connected servers to store Subscriber Data and Usage Data; (ii) while UX-App uses commercially reasonable security measures with respect to such servers, no security measures are 100% effective, and (iii) that Internet communications have inherent insecurities. As such, UX-App does not represent or warrant the security of the Subscriber Data.
- Beta Test. From time to time and at our sole discretion, UX-App may initiate Beta Tests. UX-App may implement, run, suspend, or terminate a Beta Test at any time without notice or liability, and does not guarantee that a tested product, service, modification, upgrade, or other adjustment to the Site, Services, or means of providing the Services, will become part of the Services. UX-App may deliver (and subsequently cease delivering) a Beta Test to all or any subset of Subscribers at its discretion without prior permission at any time. If UX-App decides to incorporate a beta tested product or service into the Services, UX-App may adjust its prices accordingly, pursuant to Section 4.1(a) below. UX-App accepts no liability for any consequences resulting from, or related to, Subscriber’s participation in a Beta Test.
- Service Account. When Subscriber signs up and pays for a Subscription Plan, UX-App will provide Subscriber with an Account within the Service.
- Free Trial. UX-App allows potential Subscribers to apply to try the Service free of charge for one(1) project, subject to any extension Subscriber may qualify for, as determined by UX-App (a “Free Trial”). To do so, potential Subscriber must submit to UX-App a completed trial registration through UX-App’s website (“Registration”). The Subscriber will receive an e-mail containing all necessary information in order for Subscriber to log into the Service. Use of the Service during a Free Trial is provided solely for evaluation of the features of the Service. The Service may not be used commercially during a Free Trial. UX-App may immediately terminate any Free Trial Account which is used for commercial purposes, without notice or liability therefor. If the Subscriber chooses to subscribe to the Service after the Free Trial, all Account settings and customizations will be saved and immediately accessible to Subscriber.
- Login. Subscriber is responsible for the activities of any and all persons accessing and using the Service using Subscriber’s Account. Subscriber’s Account will be provided with a unique user name and password (“Login”). Subscriber agrees that it will not share its Login among multiple individuals. Access to and use of the Service is restricted to only the Subscriber under the Subscription Plan. Subscriber shall use all reasonable means to secure the user name and password associated with the Account, and shall promptly notify UX-App if it suspects that the user name and password have been compromised. Subscriber acknowledges that use of Subscriber’s Account by any person or entity other than Subscriber shall constitute a material breach of these Terms.
- Communications. UX-App may communicate with Subscriber using the e-mail provided by Subscriber during Registration. Subscriber agrees that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications provided by UX-App electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communication be in writing.
4. SUBSCRIPTION PLAN; PAYMENT
- Payment. All charges associated with Subscriber’s access to and use of the Service (“Payment”) are due according to a monthly or yearly pre-payment schedule that automatically charges Subscriber. If Subscriber fails to pay the Payment within five (5) business days of UX-App’s notice to Subscriber that payment is due or delinquent, or if Subscriber does not update payment information upon UX-App’s request, in addition to UX-App’s other remedies, UX-App may suspend or terminate access to and use of the Service by Subscriber. All sales are final. UX-App reserves the right to adjust pricing for the Service in any manner and at any time as UX-App may determine in its sole and absolute discretion. Except as otherwise expressly provided for in these Terms, any price changes to Subscriber’s Service will take effect following e-mail notice to Subscriber, starting from the new Subscription term.
- RECURRING BILLING. BY STARTING A SUBSCRIPTION AND PROVIDING OR DESIGNATING A PAYMENT METHOD, SUBSCRIBER AUTHORIZES UX-App TO CHARGE TO SUBSCRIBER’S PAYMENT METHOD UX-App’S STANDARD SUBSCRIPTION CHARGES FOR THE SUBSCRIPTION PLAN TO WHICH SUBSCRIBER HAS SUBSCRIBED AS OF THE TIME SUCH SUBSEQUENT TERM COMMENCES, AND ANY OTHER CHARGES SUBSCRIBER MAY INCUR IN CONNECTION WITH SUBSCRIBER’S USE OF THE SERVICES. SUBSCRIBER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE AMOUNT BILLED MAY VARY FROM PERIOD TO PERIOD FOR REASONS THAT MAY INCLUDE DIFFERING AMOUNTS DUE TO PROMOTIONAL OFFERS AND/OR CHANGING OR ADDING SERVICES, AND SUBSCRIBER AUTHORIZES UX-App TO CHARGE SUBSCRIBER’S PAYMENT METHOD FOR SUCH VARYING AMOUNTS, WHICH MAY BE BILLED PERIODICALLY IN ONE OR MORE CHARGES.
- Payment Processing. All fees are payable in U.S. Dollars. UX-App uses third-party service providers (each, a “Processor”) for payment services (e.g., credit card transaction processing, merchant settlement, and any related service fees). UX-App’s Processors are currently Stripe Inc. Subscriber agrees to be bound by Processor’s Terms of Service (currently accessible at:https://stripe.com/us/terms). Subscriber hereby consents to provide and authorize UX-App and Processor to share any information and payment instructions Subscriber provides to the extent required to complete the payment transactions in accordance with these Terms, including personal, financial, credit card payment, and transaction information. If Subscriber is interested in an alternative payment mechanism, please contact UX-App at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Invoices. The Subscriber agrees that all invoices issued by UX-App in relation to the Service and Subscription Plan, shall be issued solely in an electronic form (PDF) and sent to the email address indicated by the Subscriber.
- Payment Information. All payment information that Subscriber provides in connection with the Services must be accurate, current and complete.SUBSCRIBER REPRESENTS AND WARRANTS THAT SUBSCRIBER HAS THE LEGAL RIGHT TO USE ANY PAYMENT CARD(S) OR OTHER PAYMENT MEANS USED TO PAY ANY FEE OR CHARGE. By providing UX-App or Processor with Subscriber’s payment information, Subscriber agrees that Processor is authorized to immediately invoice Subscriber for all fees and charges due and payable to UX-App hereunder and that no additional notice or consent is required. Subscriber agrees to immediately notify UX-App and Processor (as applicable) of any change to Subscriber’s payment information.
- Refunds on Termination. No refunds or credits for Payment or other fees or payments will be provided to Subscriber if Subscriber elects to terminate Subscriber’s subscription to the Service or cancel Subscriber’s Account prior to the end of Subscriber’s then effective Subscription Term.
- Taxes. Unless otherwise stated, UX-App’s charges do not include any taxes, levies, duties or similar governmental assessments, including value-added, sales, use or withholding taxes assessable by any local, state, provincial or foreign jurisdiction (collectively “Taxes”). Subscriber is responsible for paying Taxes except those assessable against UX-App based on its net income, and Subscriber will indemnify and hold harmless UX-App and Processor from any and all Taxes, including sales tax, based on any payments made or received by Subscriber in connection with the Services. Any taxes imposed on payments will be Subscriber’s sole responsibility. UX-App will invoice Subscriber for such Taxes if UX-App believes it has a legal obligation to do so and Subscriber agrees to pay such Taxes if so invoiced. If UX-App is legally required to report such information, Subscriber will provide UX-App with official receipts issued by the appropriate taxing authority, or other such evidence that Subscriber has paid all applicable taxes.
- UX-App Intellectual Property Rights. As between the parties, UX-App owns all right, title and interest (including all Intellectual Property Rights) in and to the Service (including without limitation all underlying source code, algorithms and models) and any software, technology, materials and information owned by UX-App prior to the Effective Date or created, authored, developed, made, conceived or reduced to practice by UX-App after the Effective Date. Nothing herein shall be construed to transfer any rights, title or ownership of the Service or any UX-App software, technology, materials, information or Intellectual Property Rights to Subscriber.
- Subscriber's Feedback. Subscriber is not required to provide any ideas, feedback or suggestions regarding any of UX-App’s products or services (“Feedback”) to UX-App. To the extent Subscriber does provide any Feedback to UX-App, Subscriber agrees to assign and hereby does assign all right, title and interest in and to such Feedback to UX-App and acknowledges that UX-App may freely use, reproduce, modify, distribute, make, have made, sell, offer for sale, import and otherwise exploit in any manner such Feedback without payment of any royalties or other consideration to Subscriber.
6. TERM; TERMINATION
- Term. These Terms shall be effective as of the Effective Date and will terminate (i) if Subscriber does not subscribe to the Service, or (ii) the end of the Subscription Plan period (the “Subscription Term”).
- Renewal.UNLESS CANCELLED PURSUANT TO SECTION 6.3 (CANCELLATION) BELOW BEFORE THE END OF SUBSCRIBER’S CURRENT SUBSCRIPTION TERM THAT HE OR SHE WANTS TO CANCEL THE SUBSCRIPTION PLAN, SUBSCRIBER’S SUBSCRIPTION PLAN WILL AUTOMATICALLY CONTINUE AND SUBSCRIBER AUTHORIZES UX-App (WITHOUT NOTICE, UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW) TO COLLECT THE THEN-APPLICABLE SUBSCRIPTION FEE AND ANY TAXES, USING ANY ELIGIBLE PAYMENT METHOD WE HAVE ON RECORD FOR SUBSCRIBER.
- Cancellation. Either Subscriber or UX-App may elect to terminate Subscriber’s Account and subscription to the Service as of the end of Subscriber’s then current Subscription Term by providing notice, in accordance with these Terms, on or prior to the date two (2) days preceding the end of such Term.A SUBSCRIBER MAY CANCEL HIS OR HER ACCOUNT THROUGH THE UX-App WEB PAGE (WWW.UX-APP.COM), OR SUBSCRIBER CAN TERMINATE THE SUBSCRIPTION VIA E-MAIL SENT TO SUPPORT@UX-APP.COM.UNLESS SUBSCRIBER’S ACCOUNT AND SUBSCRIPTION TO THE SERVICE IS SO TERMINATED, SUBSCRIBER’S SUBSCRIPTION TO THE SERVICE WILL RENEW ON A REGULAR BASIS.
- Effect of Termination. All rights and obligations of the parties hereunder shall terminate upon expiration or termination of these Terms, provided that Sections 1, 2.3 through 2.5, 2.8 through 2.11, 4 (with respect to any accrued but unpaid amounts), 5, 6.3, 6.4, 6.5 and 7 through 12 shall survive expiration or termination of these Terms.
7. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
- Mutual. Each party represents and warrants to the other party that: (i) it has the full power and authority to enter into these Terms; and (ii) these Terms constitute a legal, valid and binding obligation when executed and delivered.
- Subscriber. Subscriber represents and warrants to UX-App that: (i) it has all right, title, and interest in and to the Subscriber Data necessary for its use in connection with the Service; (ii) it shall not use the Service in a manner or in connection with any activity that would violate any law, rule or regulation, including those relating to privacy or data protection, employment and labor laws or the CAN-SPAM Act; and (iii) the Subscriber Data (including the storage, reproduction, and use thereof as contemplated hereunder) does not and will not (x) infringe upon, violate or misappropriate the Intellectual Property Rights of any third party or (y) slander, defame or libel any person.
Subscriber agrees to, at its own expense, defend, indemnify and hold harmless UX-App and its directors, officers and employees from and against any liabilities, damages, losses, judgments, costs, expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees), claims, actions, demands and suits arising out of or relating to any actual or alleged breach by Subscriber of any covenant, representation or warranty of these Terms or any use or misuse by Subscriber of the Service, except to the extent any of the foregoing arises directly from the gross negligence or willful misconduct of UX-App.
THE SERVICE AND SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THESE TERMS ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE SUBJECT MATTER OF THESE TERMS, AND EACH PARTY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR PERFORMANCE. UX-App AND ITS SUPPLIERS, LICENSORS, PARTNERS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONALITY PROVIDED BY THE SERVICE WILL BE CORRECT, UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED. UX-App DOES NOT WARRANT THE RESULTS OF USE OF THE SERVICE.
Each party shall keep confidential all information and materials provided or made available by the other party that is marked as confidential or proprietary or (for orally disclosed information) is identified as confidential or proprietary at the time of disclosure and confirmed in writing (including e-mail) as such within fifteen (15) days of the disclosure (“Confidential Information”). The features, functionality and content of the Service, any Service documentation, and any information regarding planned modifications or updates to the Service or other UX-App products and services constitutes Confidential Information of UX-App. Each party shall keep and instruct its employees and agents to keep Confidential Information confidential by using at least the same care and discretion as used with that party’s own confidential information, but in no case less than a prudent and reasonable standard of care. Neither party shall use Confidential Information other than for purposes of performing its obligations hereunder or as authorized by the disclosing party. Information or materials shall not constitute Confidential Information if it is: (i) in the public domain through no fault of the receiving party, (ii) known to the receiving party prior to the time of disclosure by the disclosing party, (iii) lawfully and rightfully disclosed to the receiving party by a third party on a non-confidential basis, (iv) developed by the receiving party without reference to Confidential Information or (v) required to be disclosed by law or legal process, provided that the receiving party promptly provide notice to the disclosing party of such request or requirement so the disclosing party may seek appropriate protective orders. If any party, its employees or agents breaches or threatens to breach the obligations of this Section 10, the affected party may seek injunctive relief from a court of competent jurisdiction, in addition to its other remedies, as the inadequacy of monetary damages and irreparable harm are acknowledged.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- UX-App SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO SUBSCRIBER IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS FOR ANY PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, RELIANCE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST BUSINESS, REVENUE, OR PROFITS, WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT UX-App WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL UX-App’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY AND DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS EXCEED THE AGGREGATE PAYMENTS MADE BY SUBSCRIBER TO UX-App HEREUNDER DURING THE TWELVE MONTHS PRECEDING THE DATE OF THE CLAIM. THE PARTIES AGREE THAT THE LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMERS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION 11 WILL APPLY EVEN IF ANY LIMITED REMEDY SPECIFIED IN THESE TERMS ARE FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE AND REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY. THE SUBSCRIBER AGREES THAT THE LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMERS OF LIABILITY UNDER THIS SECTION 11 CONSTITUTE A FUNDAMENTAL BASIS OF HIS BARGAIN. SUBSCRIBER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE ALLOCATIONS OF RISK AND DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTIES AND LIABILITIES HEREUNDER ARE IN PART REFLECTED IN THE AMOUNT OF PAYMENT AND ALLOW UX-App TO GRANT THE SUBSCRIBER ABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE FOR A REASONABLE CONSIDERATION.
- SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHICH MEANS THAT SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO SUBSCRIBER. IN THESE JURISDICTIONS, UX-App’S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Relationship of the Parties. The parties are independent contractors with respect to each other. These Terms do not constitute and shall not be construed as constituting a partnership or joint venture among the parties hereto, or an employee-employer relationship. No party shall have any right to obligate or bind any other party in any manner whatsoever.
- Third-Party Beneficiaries. Nothing herein shall give, or is intended to give, any rights of any kind to any third parties.
- Assignment. Subscriber may not, directly or indirectly, assign any of its rights or obligations under these Terms without the prior written consent of UX-App, which consent will not be unreasonably withheld. Any merger (by operation of law or otherwise), consolidation, reorganization, change in control or sale of all or substantially all of the assets of Subscriber or similar transaction shall be deemed to constitute an attempted assignment of these Terms. UX-App may, without Subscriber’s consent, assign these Terms with Subscriber to any affiliate or in connection with any merger or change of control of UX-App or the sale of all or substantially all of UX-App’s assets provided that any such successor agrees to fulfill its obligations pursuant to these Terms. Subject to the foregoing restrictions, these Terms inure to the benefit of and shall be binding on the parties’ permitted assignees, transferees and successors.
- Force Majeure. Neither party will be responsible for any failure or delay in its performance under these Terms due to causes beyond its reasonable control, including, but not limited to, labor disputes, strikes, lockouts, internet or telecommunications failures, shortages of or inability to obtain labor, energy, or supplies, war, terrorism, riot, acts of God or governmental action, acts by hackers or other malicious third parties and problems with the Internet generally, and such performance shall be excused to the extent that it is prevented or delayed by reason of any of the foregoing.
- Notices. All notices under the terms of these Terms shall be given in writing and sent by registered or certified mail, with postage prepaid and return receipt requested, to (with respect to UX-App) the UX-App address noted in the preamble of these Terms and (with respect to Subscriber) to any Subscriber business address. Notices shall be sent to the attention of the “Legal Department” of each party. All notices shall be presumed to have been given three (3) business days following deposit in the mail as set forth in the foregoing.
- Amendments. An amendment of these Terms shall be binding upon the parties so long as it is in writing and executed by both parties or is presented by UX-App electronically through the Service and accepted in “click-to-agree” form by Subscriber. No regular practice or method of dealing between the parties shall modify, interpret, supplement or alter in any manner the express terms of these Terms.
- Construction. Section headings are for reference purposes only, and should not be used in the interpretation hereof.
- Severability; Waiver; Counterparts. If any provision, or portion thereof, of these Terms are determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, such determination will not impair or affect the validity, legality, or enforceability of the remaining provisions of these Terms, and each provision, or portion thereof, is hereby declared to be separate, severable, and distinct. A waiver of any provision of these Terms will only be valid if provided in writing and will only be applicable to the specific incident and occurrence so waived. The failure by either party to insist upon the strict performance of these Terms, or to exercise any term hereof, will not act as a waiver of any right, promise or term, which will continue in full force and effect.
- Governing Law. These Terms shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without reference to conflicts of laws principles. In the event that the choice of law provided in the preceding sentence should be deemed invalid or ineffective by the applicable jurisdiction, these Terms shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Poland, as the law of the state of incorporation of UX-App as the provider of the Service, without reference to conflicts of laws principles.
- Jurisdiction. The parties agree that the state and federal courts in Santa Clara County, California will have exclusive jurisdiction and venue under these Terms, and the parties hereby agree to submit to such jurisdiction exclusively. In the event that the choice of Jurisdiction provided in the preceding sentence should be deemed invalid or ineffective by the applicable jurisdiction, Polish state court materially and territorially competent for the business address of UX-App as of the Effective Date, shall have exclusive jurisdiction and venue under these Terms, and any conflicts or disputes that may arise in relation thereto, and the parties hereby agree to submit each such dispute to such jurisdiction exclusively.
- Consumers. Any provisions of these Terms of Service which may be found inconsistent with any absolutely binding provisions of applicable law which provide consumer protection or special rights or entitlements reserved for consumers (in particular, but not limited to provisions included in sections 5.2, 6.2, 6.4, 8, 9, 11, 12.3 and 12.10) shall not apply to contracts and agreements concluded between UX-App and a consumer, but only to the extent that would be found inconsistent with such provisions of law.
- Entire Terms. These Terms constitute the complete, final and exclusive Terms between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous oral or written representations, understandings, Terms or communications between them concerning the subject matter hereof. Neither party is relying upon any warranties, representations, assurances or inducements not expressly set forth herein.
13. EXPORT COMPLIANCE AND USE RESTRICTIONS.
The Service, and other components or software of the Service, which UX-App may provide or make available to Subscriber, may be subject to U.S. export control and economic sanctions laws. Subscriber agrees to comply with all such laws and regulations as they relate to access to and use of the Service, other components and software by Subscriber. Subscriber shall not access or use the Service if Subscriber is located in any jurisdiction in which the provision of the Service, other components or software is prohibited under U.S. or other applicable laws or regulations (a “Prohibited Jurisdiction”) and Subscriber shall not provide access to the Service to any government, entity or individual located in any Prohibited Jurisdiction. Subscriber represents, warrants and covenants that (i) Subscriber is not named on any U.S. government list of persons or entities prohibited from receiving U.S. exports, or transacting with any U.S. person; (ii) Subscriber is not a national of, or a company registered in any Prohibited Jurisdiction; (iii) Subscriber shall not permit any of its users to access or use the Service in violation of any U.S. or other applicable export embargoes, prohibitions or restrictions; and (iv) Subscriber shall comply with all applicable laws concerning the transmission of technical data exported from the United States and the country in which Subscriber is located.